The PhD student will be working on the preparation of drug-loaded oil-in-water emulsions as therapeutic tools for the treatment of lung metastases following inhalation. After appropriate characterization, the drug-loaded nanocapsules will be radiolabelled, the pharmacokinetic properties will be evaluated in rodents using in vivo imaging techniques and the therapeutic efficacy will be finally investigated using animal models.more information in PDF format (524.12 Kb)
The CIBER-‐BBN Biofunctional Nanomaterials Laboratory-‐LNB-‐CICBIO directed by Prof. Luis M. Liz-‐Marzán at CIC biomaGUNE, in San Sebastián (Spain) invite applications for a 12 months fellowship funded by the Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red en Bioingeniería, Biomateriales y Nanomedicina CIBER-‐ BBN.
This is a great opportunity for undergraduates to have an insight on the Institute research activities and to conduct research in an international scientific environment. Following the Internship period CIBER-‐ BBN research fellows will be in an optimal situation to apply for a subsequent fellowship to conduct their PhD studies in the field of bioengineering, biomaterials or nanomedicine.
The role of the EU Project Manager/Technician will be to oversee and manage the research projects of several research lines, liaising with other sites and institutions across Spain and Europe and support the Scientific Project Management Unit of CIC biomaGUNE, reporting to the Head of the Unit and the Scientific Director.
• Funding: Identify new funding opportunities (at the regional, national and international level).
• Project formulation: Support in the definition of project goals and on proposal writing, advising on project partners, preparation of budget and submission.
• Project management: Liaising between project and funders; coordination between sites within international projects; coordinating and overseeing project reporting; keeping track of project agendas and deadlines.
• Financial management of the research lines: Manage and the control of fund allocation.
• Coordination and organization of networking and dissemination activities: scientific project meetings, schools, workshops.
A Phd position is available in the area of protein engineering toward the generation of new protein scaffolding systems.
Candidates should have a Master degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, or a related discipline. Candidates that are in the process of their Master thesis defense in the next 3 months will also be considered.
We are looking for a candidate with a experience in some of these topics: protein chemistry, computational biology, protein engineering, molecular biology, and biophysics. The candidate is expected to have interest in multidisciplinary work, and the capacity to work in an international environment. Good interpersonal skills as well as written and oral communication skills in English are required.more information in PDF format (456.42 Kb)
We are seeking highly motivated candidates with an excellent research/academic track record and hands-on experience in one or more of the following areas:
- In vitro immune cell activation assays; cell culture; analysis and purification of primary immune cells from murine tissues; methods for in vitro and in vivo analysis of immune responses; cancer mouse models.
- Controlled antibody conjugation of inorganic nanoparticles.
- In vitro and in vivo preclinical evaluation of anticancer drugs.
- Application of engineering principles for drug delivery.
The Biosurfaces Lab at CIC biomaGUNE is looking for a dynamic and creative individual to fill the vacancy of a research assistant in the framework of an ERC Starting Grant project on biological hydrogels.
The applicant should have keen interest in multidisciplinary work in an international research environment. He/she should have a degree (MSc or equivalent) in biochemistry or related fields. Solid experience with protein expression and purification, and cell culture, is required. Research experience is an advantage.
Responsibilities will include the development of protein expression and cell culture, and work with surface functionalization and analysis techniques. More experienced candidates may also be given the opportunity to develop their own research projects within the research lines of the Richter Lab.