The soft matter nanotechnology group at CIC biomaGUNE is looking for a post doctoral associate to work in the biological fate of nanomaterials for the assessment of nanomaterial toxicity within a European project. The postdoc will work on the impact of biocorona formation on nanomaterial translocation using advanced spectroscopic techniques. He /She will also be collaborating with the Unit of Image at CIC biomaGUNE for in vivo translocation studies.more information in PDF format (104.6 Kb)
Applications are invited to join the Soft Matter Nanotechnology Group led by Dr. Sergio Moya and the Nuclear Imaging Group led by Dr. Jordi Llop to work on the frame of the international project "Translocation and biological fate of nanomaterials". One PhD student will work in the use of different spectroscopic techniques to study the interaction of the nanomaterials with biomolecules, corona formation and translocation at cellular level. The other PhD student will be mostly working on the radiolabelling of nanomaterials and in vivo imaging to assess biodistribution and stability. The applicants should have a Master degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Physics or Materials Science, full command of English, capacity to work in a very international and multidisciplinar environment and excellent interpersonal skills as well as written and oral communication skills. The deadline for the applications is 1st of January 2016.more information in PDF format (98.72 Kb)
The project technician will support the coordinator of the European projects MSCA-RISE HYMADE and the MCA-IAPP VIROMA, in the management of both projects.
• Project management: Coordinating and overseeing project reporting and deliverables; keeping track of project agendas and deadlines. Helping the coordinator in the interaction among partners and with the European Commission • Financial management of the research lines: Financial Report, Keeping track of the project resources • Networking and dissemination activities: support in the organization of scientific meetings, schools, workshops, outreach activities, etc Background required:
• A Background in Chemistry, Physics, Biochemistry or Materials Science is required and experience in the fields of nanosciences or nanomaterials is highly desirable.
• Experience in research project management, in particular regarding Framework Programme projects (FP7, H2020) and other EU & international funding schemes.
• Full command of English and Spanish.
• Computer skills (knowledge on website and social media management).
• Capacity to work in a very international environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills as well as written and oral communication skills.
more information in PDF format (111.17 Kb)
Deadline for applications is November 30th.
The Biosurfaces Lab at CIC biomaGUNE is looking for a dynamic and creative individual to fill the vacancy of a research assistant in the framework of an ERC Starting Grant project on biological hydrogels.
The applicant should have keen interest in multidisciplinary work in an international research environment. He/she should have a degree (MSc or equivalent) in biochemistry or related fields. Solid experience with protein expression and purification, and cell culture, is required. Research experience is an advantage.
Responsibilities will include the development of protein expression and cell culture, and work with surface functionalization and analysis techniques. More experienced candidates may also be given the opportunity to develop their own research projects within the research lines of the Richter Lab.
The successful candidate will reconstitute the permeability barrier in vitro, to de-construct how the permeability works and to define the minimal molecular requirements for selective transport. The project is part of a broader effort within the framework of an ERC Starting Grant to understand and exploit the working principles of biological hydrogels.
Required qualifications. We are looking for an outstanding experimentalist with a solid background in bioengineering, physical chemistry, biological physics, or a closely related field. Solid experience with biosurfaces science and/or microfluidics is an advantage. The candidate should have keen interest in multidisciplinary work, and a strong drive to excel in a competitive international environment.more information in PDF format (729.93 Kb)